WELL ALRIGHTAY THEN
6: Changed me? Nowadays nothing really ‘changes’ me, though I do come away from certain games thinking or feeling strongly about them- I’d say the games that influenced me most were the ones I played when I was younger, and more enthralled with the gaming experience. (I honestly miss the days I had of simple enthusiasm and intrigue with games! I think we’ve just gotten so used to them culturally, they’re not as “new” anymore.) With this I say early 3D platformers, such as Mario 64, DK64 and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie influenced me in my creative life most. My musical style is very much influenced by the soundtrack of these games. Plus, Mario 64 and related games were my first experiences with 3D console gaming. It was groundbreaking for me. When my brother and I opened our N64 for Christmas, it was what I really could describe as one of those moments of pure joy that I won’t forget. (Makes me tear up a little to think about how much my parents love us! Though I can safely say I know they love us even if they didn’t give us fancy games, hahaha!)
8: I love game soundtracks of all kinds, from chiptunes and synths to orchestral arrangements. My ear is always open for unique compositions, constantly listening for originality, style and instrumental choice. I’d say the best N64 soundtrack goes to Jet Force Gemini (or Banjo Tooie… completely different styles, here, but both very quality) but the best soundtrack all-around, I gotta give it to Jeremy Soule’s Morrowind compositions, really. I know it’s all in taste, but- I can’t get enough of that main theme.
12: Since all games vary in length to completion, I really can’t easily say… LIMBO was one of those brief, poignant experiences. So was OFF.
13. Skyrim. The only retail game I ever pre-ordered… and got the signed OST, too!
14. All Zelda games.
15. Borderlands/TF2. There’s so many similarities my BF and I are wanting to write a oneshot combining the two. (Seriously, look for it soon…)
16. KID FROM CHRONO CROSS. (I swear, so many things about that game bug me, from the over-abundance of playable characters to the extent where you no nothing about any of them and care even less, to the confusing plot… again, just stating opinions here xD)
18. G-guys, morrowind is cool… really…
19. Majora’s Mask!
21. I don’t even remember. Old enough to use a computer. Really young. My earliest gaming memory is playing Jazz Jackrabbit on my brother’s computer he got when he was really, really young. I have a photo of me using his computer, I think I was 3? 4?
22. Morrowind. XD I would RP with myself like I always do (and always have, in any game I ever owned.)
23. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2. Don’t remind me. I… it had… so much potential… so much… *sobs silently* WHAI U RELEASE AN UNFINISHED GAME. WHAIIII
24. The middle.
25. Depends. I cheat on PC games all the time (console commands, VBA cheats). The experience is what matters, right?
26. I do both.
27. Not that I can think of, actually. I’m kind of a stoic gamer. XD
30. NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH FOR NINTENDO 3DS. I DONT HAVE THE SYSTEM IT IS CURRENTLY LOCALIZED TO. WEEEEH!